Saturday, January 10, 2015

Week 2

Jan 10, 2015

I'm not posting a pic this time. I think I only need to post a pic once a month. I have lost .4 pounds, less than a pound, not alot, but it's in the right direction. Some things that I've learned this past week are... A TV documentary caught my attention the other night. It was a lady who is a cancer survivor, telling her story. The interesting thing that made an impact on me was the Laughing Yoga she teaches. Laughing Yoga, I've never heard of it before. But it makes sense. We don't laugh enough for sure. Laughter has been proven to help a person in so many ways. It's no surprise that one’s physical health can be helped by laughter as well. When is the last time you've had a down deep, real, belly laugh? I had one the other day, but it's been quite a while. Instead of an apple a day keeps the doctor away, maybe it should be a laugh a day keeps the doctor away? lol 

Then there's this commercial for diet pills they advertise on TV. The commercial claims that stress causes fat to accumulate in the tummy area. So, that's why I'm fat? Too much stress and not enough laughter in my life! lol

Well, I think eating chocolate and starchy foods, sitting all day at a desk without exercise sort of helps it along. 

But, it makes sense. Although how does one get away from stress? I mean, stress is life and we all live in life, no escaping. The answer? We Can't!! We get away from the stress we can, eat healthy as we can, get proper exercise, and laugh every day. But life still catches up. This is where my prayer life comes into play. To be completely honest, my prayer life comes into play in every single area of my life. I really do not know how people live without God in their lives. No, God does not give me everything I want, although He does pretty good, better than I can myself. No, God doesn’t make my life all rosy and sweet, although when I let Him, He is there comforting me through the hard times, and even when I tend to forget Him, He's still there. No, God doesn't keep me healthy and fit in spite of my disobedience and laziness, although He keeps me healthier than I deserve to be. No, God doesn't make life go away, He makes life tolerable. He makes life joyful, peaceful, and exciting...if you let Him.

I remember an experiment I used to help youth understand life. You may have heard of this before, I think this is the best illustration. Take an egg, carrot, and coffee beans. Boil a pot of water to a high boil. Put all three of these in the boiling water at the same time and boil for 15 minutes. Take the egg and carrot and coffee beans out of the water and place on a plate. Now notice, these three all suffered the same outside circumstance for the same amount of time. The egg is hard, like the heart of those that are bitter and angry with life. The carrot is soft and mushy like those who let their surroundings control them, who give up on life. Then notice the coffee beans, they are still the same. Only notice the water left in the pot. A sweet smooth aroma of coffee. mmmmm....Like those who have faith in God and let God use them to share His Love and Comfort and Truth with all those around Him. Now, which would you like to be? 


I need you as well! IF you are reading my blog, please comment and pray. Let me know how I can pray for you. A quote I heard this past week. CS Lewis..."Prayer doesn't change God, it changes me."

No comments:

Post a Comment